After the HomePod has been used for a period of time, a lot of dust will appear on the surface. If it is not cleaned, the dust will become more and more stuck. But how to clean the HomePod? Can it be cleaned with alcohol or a whitening agent? If you still don’t know how to clean HomePod, maybe you can learn through this article.
HomePod cleaning tips
If you want to clean the dust or dirt on the surface of HomePod, you can clean it in the following two ways:
- Use a dry cloth to clean, or use a slightly damp cloth to clean HomePod
- You can also use 70% alcohol wipes or Clorox disinfecting wipes to gently wipe the top surface of the HomePod
In addition, Apple’s official website also emphasizes that do not use glass cleaners, household cleaners, compressed air, sprays, solvents, ammonia, or abrasives to clean the HomePod, as well as the mesh cloth, and do not touch the bleach.
HomePod clean and disinfect tools
- 70% alcohol wipes or antibacterial wipes
- Disinfection wipes
HomePod care and placement
The HomePod is designed to be used indoors. It should be ensured that the location is safe. It is recommended to be placed on a stable surface. The power cord should also be placed in a place that will not be stepped on or squeezed and should avoid the bottom two kinds of location:
- Avoid heat sources: Do not place HomePod close to heat sources, such as heater blades, heater vents, stoves, or other appliances that generate heat (including amplifiers). Do not place open flames, such as lighted candles or cigarettes, on or near HomePod.
- Avoid liquids: Do not place HomePod near water, or where it might be dripped or splashed. Please keep HomePod away from all liquid sources, such as beverages, sinks, bathtubs, showers, swimming pools, massage pools, etc.
If a speaker with a shock-absorbing silicone base is placed on some wooden surface, it is normal to leave some traces. The trace may be caused by the oil oozing between the silicone base and the desktop. The trace usually disappears a few days after the speaker is removed from the wooden surface. If it does not disappear, wipe the surface with a soft, slightly damp, or dry cloth to wipe off the marks. If the marks are still there, follow the cleaning procedures recommended by the furniture manufacturer to clean the surface. If you have doubts about this, it is recommended that you place the HomePod on a surface of other materials.