With the release of Studio Display, its related accessories have also been launched on the Apple Store. Among them, some netizens found a wire with a length of 1.8 meters on the Apple Store, questioning the high price of this “Thunderbolt 4 Pro cable”.1.8m Thunderbolt 4 Pro Cable price is $179,and 3m thunderbolt 4 Pro Cable price is $219.
According to the description on Apple’s webpage, the wire has the following highlights:
– Data transfer rate up to 40Gb/s
– USB 3.1 Gen 2 data transfer rate up to 10Gb/s
– DisplayPort video output (HBR3)
– Connects to Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4 or USB-C and USB capable devices and displays
– Power supply up to 100 watts
– Woven design, not easy to tangle when rolled
– Thunderbolt logo is easy to identify and won’t be confused with other cables
– Daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt 3 devices
Obviously, this data cable is not an ordinary USB Type-C cable. It adopts the current highest specification Thunderbolt 4 standard. In fact, the price is consistent with the previous Thunderbolt 3 specification cable. For those devices that have no Thunderbolt 4 connection needs, there is no need to use such a high-spec cable.
Is the wire expensive? If compared with third-party brands of the same specifications, it is indeed expensive, but it is really inappropriate to compare the price with ordinary USB-C charging cables.